Otieno confirms that KFK is still keen on Completing shield cup should the ban on sporting activities be lifted

  • Football Kenya Federation (FKF) CEO Barry Otieno has revealed that there is still hope of concluding the FKF Shield Cup if the government lifts the ban on sporting activities when it expires on July 7.

Otieno said that they are still keen to play the domestic Cup and get a deserved winner for this season despite the FKF moved to end the Kenyan Premier League (KPL) season.

The Shield competition was in the quarter-final stage before it was suspended and the Federation’s CEO now says they can still conclude.

 However, that decision will depend on the government’s next move on the 30-day curfew imposed in the country to contain the coronavirus pandemic, which will elapse on July 7.

  Fifa has given Arive a green light to start playing for FC Tanta as Sofapaka and the Egyptian side sort out the transfer issues

“If we manage to get 10 days, we can effectively play the competition to the end and get a deserved winner,” Otieno said.

“If the government lifts the ban and allows sporting activities to resume, then we will only need 10 days to complete the competition, we only need to play on Tuesday, Thursday and play the final on Saturday and we will have a winner,” he added.

BONUS

Claim 100% Welcome Bonus up to 15 000 KSH!

99%
TOTAL SCORE

There was a mixed atmosphere On Tuesday over Kenyans representative missing out on the Confederation Cup after Confederation of African Football (Caf) released teams that have been cleared to play in the Confederation Cup.

It is understood that FKF gave out Gor Mahia as Caf champions’ league representative but could not fill the confederation slot citing lack of the rule to decide on the shield winner.

  Wazito FC are stubborn and won’t listen to any offer from the Angolan Giants Petro Atletico

But hope still remains as Otieno now says they have written to Caf pleading to be given more time to see whether they can have the 10 days to conclude the competition.

“We have written to Caf seeking for more time, we are just buying time hoping the government will lift the ban when the current curfew comes to an end, and then we conclude the tournament, and after, to forward in the name of the winners to Caf,” Otieno continued.

“Caf has not responded to our request yet and so we are just waiting, we are keeping our fingers crossed and hope they can grant us more time so that we can have a deserved winner in the competition,” he concluded.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *